Dry, flaky skin beware. We’re bringing spa-grade exfoliation to your bathroom shower with Squalane + Enzyme Sugar Body Scrub.
This isn’t the raw sugar body scrub you used in high school that left you feeling irritated and greasy. We harnessed the power of science to exfoliate two ways and deliver your healthiest, glowiest skin ever.
The clinical trials speak for themselves:
How did we do it? The same way we do everything at Biossance: it all starts with science.
Our Powerfully Gentle Sugar Body Scrub Ingredients
We wanted to create a scrub that provided superior exfoliation without irritation, or harmful plastic microbeads. Elle Magazine awarded our Squalane + Enzyme Sugar Body Scrub with one of their Green Beauty Stars for this innovative, effective combination of sustainable, plant-based ingredients.
- Sugar Crystals. We set out to develop a powerful exfoliant that worked without using ocean-polluting plastic microbeads. Instead, we use sustainable sugar crystals as a natural, physical exfoliant that dissolves during the scrubbing process, preventing over-exfoliation and protecting our oceans.
- Pomegranate Enzyme. Effectively breaks down and removes dead surface skin cells. It also works faster than alpha-hydroxy acids, but with less irritation.
Sugarcane Derived Squalane. Provides instant hydration while helping to prevent irritation when exfoliating skin, leaving it silky smooth.
Why Should You Exfoliate Your Body?
While our skin naturally sheds dead cells, it sometimes needs help dislodging them. There are two ways to do this:
- Physical exfoliation removes dead skin cells by scrubbing or scraping them off.
- Chemical exfoliation loosens the bonds between cells so they slough off on their own.
Our multi-exfoliating sugar body scrub does both. It provides a satisfying scrub while delicately dissolving dull and rough skin. And it does it all without stripping or disrupting the skin's moisture barrier.
How To Use Our Raw Sugar Body Scrub
- Cleanse the skin using your favorite soap or body wash.
- Customize your level of exfoliation by using less water for a stronger scrub or more water for gentler exfoliation.
- Place a small amount of Squalane + Enzyme Sugar Body Scrub between your palms and gently massage into damp skin using circular motions. Give drier or bumpy areas (like your elbows and the backs of your arms) some extra love to provide deeper exfoliation.
- Follow by moisturizing with Squalane + Caffeine Clean Body Cream to visibly lift and tone.
If you’re feeling especially dry, you can add a layer of 100% Squalane Oil to seal in the moisture and help calm your skin.
How Often Should You Exfoliate?
Most people can safely use our raw sugar body scrub two to three times weekly. If your skin is dry or sensitive, start by exfoliating once a week and work your way up as long as it’s comfortable for your skin.
You may find that your skin needs more or less exfoliation depending on the season. This is especially true if you have oily skin that gets greasy during the summer months, or drier skin that becomes dehydrated over the winter.
The bottom line: our Squalane + Enzyme Sugar Body Scrub is gentle enough to use as often as your skin needs it, but powerful enough to reveal your healthiest skin ever.