Buzzy skincare trends — like skin flooding and glass skin — often rely on intricately layered combinations of products that work together to produce a desired result. But the newest viral trend — skin streaming — is unique in its simplicity and ease. Perfect for clutter-hating minimalists, skin streaming is a fresh approach that applies a less-is-more attitude to skincare by streamlining your routine into just a few steps. The result: A quick and easy daily regimen that provides powerful results while saving you time and money.
What is Skin Streaming?
Skin streaming focuses on efficacy as it pares down your daily skincare routine to eliminate unnecessary steps and products. Think of it like creating a capsule wardrobe for your skin. You’re consolidating steps for maximum efficacy so you can do more with fewer products.
4 Benefits of Skin Streaming
- You’ll Get More Out of Your Skincare. The theory behind skin streaming is that the skin is most likely to absorb and benefit from fewer, higher-impact products. This is closely aligned with our philosophy that you need only use one treatment product (such as a serum) in your routine to maximize results and minimize chances of irritation.
- You’ll Hone in on Key Ingredients. The process of elimination will help you understand which ingredients work best for your skin.
- You’ll Save Money. While lengthy layered routines can feel good, they can also be expensive. Eliminating extraneous steps is a much more wallet-friendly approach to skincare.
- It’s More Eco-Friendly. Even the most conscious packaging takes resources to produce and recycle. Paring down your routine will reduce waste on both fronts.
How to Skin Stream
- Start by focusing on the core four steps of any skincare routine: cleansing, toning, treating, and moisturizing.
- Consider your skincare goals. Your skin type and concerns should inform which products and ingredients should remain in your routine.
- Choose products with multiple benefits. For example, you may be using two serums in your routine to get both hydration and treatment benefits. Trade these for a single hydrating serum that also includes a treatment ingredient such as vitamin C or retinoids.
An Easy Skin Streaming Routine
Step One: Cleanse + Remove Makeup
Our Antioxidant Cleansing Oil eliminates the need for makeup remover as it gently dissolves every trace of makeup (even waterproof!) and impurities in a single step while nourishing antioxidants target signs of aging and sugarcane-derived squalane adds a burst of hydration.
Step Two: Tone
Toning is an essential step that balances the skin’s pH and prepares it to receive moisture. But our BHA Pore-Minimizing Toner goes a step further by using white willobark extract to powerfully exfoliate and decongest pores. Meanwhile, caviar lime extract works its alpha hydroxy magic to gently exfoliate dead cells from the surface of your skin. All this happens without any drying or over-stripping thanks to our sugarcane-derived squalane, which balances the skin and leaves it smooth and hydrated.
Step Three: Treat
Choosing the right serum is a very personal process based on your unique skin type and concerns. We created an in-depth guide to help you choose the right Biossance formula for your skin for exactly this reason.
Be aware that some serums — such as our 10% Lactic Acid Resurfacing Night Serum and our Retinol Night Serum — should only be used at night. This opens the door for you to use a separate treatment product in the morning to experience an additional set of benefits. Our skin-quenching Copper Peptide Rapid Plumping Serum and discoloration-blasting Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum both serve as gentle daytime compliments to nighttime actives.
Step Four: Moisturize
Using the right moisturizer for your skin type and concerns is essential to healthy skin. Period.
Our advanced, reformulated Probiotic Gel Moisturizer uses groundbreaking encapsulated probiotics to actively calm, clarify and clear congested, reactive skin and breakouts, making it ideal for people with oily and combination skin.
If you’re on the drier side or prefer a creamier consistency, our deeply nourishing Omega Repair Cream is ideal for your skin. Plumping, hydrating omega fatty acids similar to what’s in your skin’s moisture barrier work to hydrate and restore your skin’s protective layer while hyaluronic acid deeply hydrates and visibly smooths.
And don’t forget your delicate undereye area! Our multi-award-winning Marine Algae Eye Cream instantly lifts and firms, making tired eyes look brighter and more awake. Pink marine algae, a natural source of peptides, plumps fine lines and wrinkles while our superhero hydrator, squalane, provides deep and lasting moisture.