In times like these, it’s important to take a stand for the things that matter. Biossance stands for equality, we stand for change, and we stand alongside those who are hurting the most right now. Behind our brand is a community of people who are fighting for a better world. To support all those in this fight, Biossance is pledging $100,000 to the ACLU, the Minnesota Freedom Fund, Color of Change, and Black Lives Matter.
You can take a stand today by listening, learning and making your voice heard. If we don’t engage, things won’t change. It’s up to each one of us to be heard and to resolve to do better.
Take that first step…keep scrolling for resources, recommendations, and other ways that you can get involved today. Be a voice for change, because this change can’t come soon enough.
• How To Be An Antiracist by Dr. Ibram X. Kendi
• The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
• The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
• White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo, PhD
• 13th (Ava DuVernay)
• Fruitvale Station (Ryan Coogler)
• Teach Us All (Sonia Lowman)
• Justice for George Floyd on change.org
o This petition aims to "reach the attention of Mayor Jacob Frey and DA Mike Freeman to beg to have the officers involved in this disgusting situation fired and for charges to be filed immediately." As of May 29, 5,140,869 have signed. The goal is 6,000,000 signatures.
• #JusticeforFloyd on act.colorofchange.org
o This petition is to "demand the officers who killed George Floyd are charged with murder." So far, the petitions have garnered more than 1 million signatures. You can also sign by texting "Floyd" to 55156.
Orgs to support/donate to:
Despite 2020’s challenges, we celebrated victories in the clean beauty space and took part in movements that we truly believe in. Join us as we reflect.
There are no items in your bag.