What does it mean to live sustainably? At Biossance, we like to look at it from a 360° angle. It means consciously thinking about how you live, and how it the impacts the planet and everything living on it. It’s not just a philosophy, it’s a way of life.
You may already be a master of sustainability, but just in case, here are a few pointers to help live your most eco-friendly life:
- LED lights and CFL bulbs last longer than incandescent lighting. Which means you don’t need to buy nearly as many and that equals fewer bulbs finding their way into landfill.
- Let the sun shine in. Use natural light as much as possible to light a room and it not only helps the planet, it also lowers your energy bill.
- Remember that thing that mom used to say? Yep, she was right, always turn off the lights when you leave a room.
Dress for eco-success.
- Dress in layers for temperature control. Adding or removing clothing can help when things go from hot to cold.
- Hang your clothes to dry instead of throwing them in the dryer. This not only saves electricity, it can extend the life of your clothes.
- Buy secondhand clothing when you can. And hey, vintage is pretty hip anyway, am I right? (P.S. We love shopping sustainably from our friends at thredUP.) If you do buy new then try to go for quality over quantity. That way your cloths will stand the test of time and not end up in landfill. If you’re worried about staying on trend, accessorize.
- Attach water saving faucet aerators and shower heads to help reduce water waste and save you some cash.
- We all know how great that nice long shower feels, but did you know that over 2 gallons of water per minute goes down the drain each time you shower? That adds up fast. Set a timer and commit to shorter showers.
- Think a bath cuts down on water usage? The average 10-minute shower uses about 20 gallons while the average bathtub fills at around about 36 gallons. If you take a bath, make it count and luxuuuuriate.
- Use cold water to wash dishes and clothes, and even your face. It saves water by not waiting for it to warm up, plus cool water on your skin feels refreshing.
- Cut down on paper towels by using cloth rags to wipe up counters, dust furniture or just about any situation where you’d normally would use a paper towel.
- Borrow books from the library or read an eBook. Or if you really want a particular book for your personal library try to buy it used.
- Get your news online instead of paper form. It not only saves trees, you also get the latest breaking news.
- Communicate digitally as much as possible through email or text, and of course good old-fashioned conversations cut down on paper use as well.
- Contact junk mailers to opt out and put a “no junk mail” sign on your mailbox.
- Reuse scraps of paper for notes instead of using notepads. Did you know that J.K. Rowling wrote the first Harry Potter book on scraps of paper? Be like J.K. Rowling.
- If you love using a straw with your beverage, try the washable metal kind instead of using disposable plastic. Plus, you’ll look really cool.
- Remember to bring your own bags. When you forego the plastic and bring your own bag it helps the environment in so many ways. Keep this in mind next time you shop: plastic bags take 15 to 1,000 years to break down depending on the environment.
- BYOWB (Bring Your Own Water Bottle). Seriously.
There are so many ways to live sustainably, these are just a few. Ride a bike or walk instead of driving; plant a tree or herb garden. There’s so much that we can do—it starts with each and every one of us. Let’s help out by treating our planet with respect and show some love for future generations and Mother Earth.
Peace, Love & Sustainability,
Three years ago, we launched this facial oil as our second product, after our head-to-toe hydrating 100% Squalane Oil. Our team of scientists set out to create another powerfully hydrating formula except this time, we wanted to make our first skincare product specifically for the face–one that still features the weightless hydration of squalane while also offering additional treatment benefits. Our standout formula comes packed with an exclusive set of ingredients that work together to visibly hydrate, firm, and give skin a healthy, radiant glow.
Clean, healthy hands are more important than ever. While hand sanitizing is an easy and effective way to defend against harmful germs and bacteria, too much of certain hand sanitizer formulas can strip the skin of much-needed moisture, leaving it feeling dehydrated, irritated, and red. With this in mind, Biossance is excited to deliver the ultimate hand sanitizer to help: a hyper-effective and hydrating solution that uses scientific expertise to give you the softest, healthiest hands.
There are no items in your bag.